It’s International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day and we wanted to share a few easy biscuit recipes for you to try at home.
All these biscuits are really simple to make and are the perfect treat for you pup.
Remember to tag us in your baking pics on social so we can judge your efforts.
On your marks, get set, bake!
300g Plain or wholemeal flour
100g Plain rolled oats
1 tsp Honey
250g Peanut butter (make sure it does not contain xylitol sweetener which can be harmful to dogs)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (170 fan or 350°F).
- Blend together the peeled bananas, eggs, peanut butter and honey. If you don’t have a blender you can mash the bananas with a fork and whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and oats, then add this to the wet mixture.
- Bring the mixture together with a spoon or using hands until it forms a dough.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough to be around 1cm in thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out biscuits from the dough.
- Place the biscuits on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Leave to cool fully before feeding to your dog.
60g Sweet potato, mashed
160g Oats / Oat flour
- Peel and chop your sweet potato then boil in a saucepan of water for about 10-15 minutes, until soft. Once thoroughly cooked, drain and set aside to cool completely.
- Tip your oats into a blender and pulse them into a flour, or alternatively you can use ready-made oat flour.
- Add your banana to a bowl along with your cooled sweet potato. Blend until smooth using a hand blender. Then, add in your blended oats or oat flour.
- Mix all the ingredients and then bring together with your hands to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave the in the fridge for up to 6 hours, or overnight. It’s important to do this, as it will allow the oats to absorb some moisture and means that they won’t swell in your dog’s stomach.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Lightly flour your work surface and roll the dough out to be about 1cm thick. Cut out the biscuits, using whatever shape you like.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes. When they are thoroughly cooked through, remove them from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, they are ready for your dog to enjoy! These biscuits will keep fresh in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
300g Plain wholemeal flour (substitute for ground oat flour if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
1 Stock (beef, Chicken or fish stock cube. Customise to your dog’s taste)
100ml Water (hot)
Preheat oven to 170 °C (150 °C for Fan Assisted Oven)
- Dissolve the stock cube of your choice in hot water and add the remaining ingredients
- Mix together to form a dough and knead until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll out the dough to a ½ cm thickness and cut into slices or shapes with a cookie cutter
- Place the biscuits on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Leave to cool completely before giving to your dog
Do you have a dog biscuit recipe that your pup loves? Share it with the Pawfit Community by emailing PawfitPals@Pawfit.com or by sending us a DM on social
Dog treats like this should only be given to your dog as an occasional treat, alongside a well-balanced diet appropriate for their age, lifestyle and health. If you are concerned about your dog’s diet, seek advice from your vet.